FAQ 検索 メンバーリスト ユーザーグループ 登録する プロフィール ログイン

at Ive never had a player be able to do physically." So

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    www.bodyplusbbs.com Forum Index -> サプリメント&ニュートリション
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
blueberryjerry

登録日: 2017.03.20
記事: 375

記事日時: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm    記事の件名: at Ive never had a player be able to do physically." So 引用付きで返信

Al Bruno will forever be remembered for delivering one of the biggest upsets in Grey Cup history. Brett Favre Womens Jersey .He guided the upstart Hamilton Tiger-Cats into the 86 final against the heavily favoured Edmonton Eskimos, who had posted a league-best 13-4-1 record. Many football pundits had predicted a lopsided affair, and they were right as the 9-8-1 Ticats captured a stunning 39-15 victory.The Ticats announced Monday that Bruno died Sunday night at the age of 87. Jason Riley, a former offensive lineman with Hamiltons 86 championship squad, credited Bruno for the upset victory.He was a master of bringing people together and building the chemistry of a team, Riley said. Everybody thought the 86 Eskimos would blow us out in the Grey Cup but actually it was the other way around because our chemistry was so good that everyone just played for each other and didnt worry about the hype.Al had a way of bringing the guys together . . . thats what made the difference.The cause of death wasnt divulged but Riley said Bruno, a native of West Chester, Pa., entered hospital in Port Charlotte, Fla., initially due to a kidney issue but passed away peacefully of heart failure. he added Bruno had just one kidney due to previous cancer treatment.Bruno came to the CFL in 1966 as an assistant coach with the Ottawa Rough Riders before taking a similar job with Hamilton in 1968. He served as the offensive co-ordinator at Harvard from 1971-81 before returning to Hamilton as its player-personnel director in 82.Bruno was named head coach during the 83 season after Bud Riley was fired and got the job permanently leading Hamilton to a 2-1-1 record. He suffered a mild heart attack during the 87 season and was replaced for six games by defensive co-ordinator Ted Schmitz before returning.Bruno was fired during the 90 campaign after Hamilton lost five straight to drop to 4-8. Bruno worked as a scout with both the B.C. Lions and Buffalo Bills before serving as McMaster Universitys head coach from 1994 to 96, bringing Riley aboard as the offensive line coach, a position he still currently holds.Bruno was a receiver at Kentucky, where he played for legendary head coach Paul (Bear) Bryant. The Philadelphia Eagles selected Bruno in the third round of the 51 NFL draft, but he signed with the Toronto Argonauts instead and played on their Grey Cup-winning team in 1952.Bruno spent two seasons with Toronto, then played briefly with Ottawa in 54 before finishing his CFL career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1955-56). Bruno was inducted into the Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame in 08 and is also a member of the Chester County Sports and West Chester Henderson High School Halls of Fame.Al was a big, dependable receiver and I dont ever remember him dropping a pass, said former Argos teammate Nick Volpe. He later became a coach who was known to be one of the best around; he understood the game very well.Al had a great way with people. He was always very calm, friendly and efficient. He will be missed.Riley, currently a full-time teacher and football coach at a Burlington high school, spent 10 seasons with Hamilton before retiring after the 93 season. A four-time East all-star, Riley was named to the Ticats Walk of Fame in 95 and said he owes it all to his former coach.I dont know where Id be in life right now if it wasnt for Al Bruno, Riley said. He brought me to Hamilton from Vancouver, he was with me most of the time I was with the Ticats.I went to four Grey Cups with him and when he went to McMaster and brought me in as the offensive line coach and Ive been there ever since. I love the man.Riley figured he was done with football in 84 after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. A former defensive lineman who helped the University of British Columbia capture the 82 Vanier Cup, Riley was taken in the first round of the 83 CFL draft by Winnipeg before being dealt to the Riders.When Saskatchewan released me I was ready to go back to school and pursue other things because I was pretty discouraged, Riley said. But Hamilton called and Al assured me Id be playing within the next few weeks.Its funny because the B.C. Lions called the day I was flying out to Hamilton and told me they wanted to play defensive line. Now, it was my hometown, my natural position, it wouldve been a lot cheaper because I couldve played while living at home. But I was a man of my word and trusted what Al told me. But I did (tell the Lions) if I wasnt on the roster as promised Id come back to the B.C. Lions. Everything worked out like he said and my wife and I established roots and made a life here because of Al Bruno.Longtime CFL executive and scout Mike McCarthy was Hamiltons player-personnel director and assistant GM during Brunos tenure on the sidelines and called him a players coach.He cared about his players, McCarthy said. It didnt matter if they had a bad day or a bad game, he always believed in them.There wasnt a guy loved more by his team than Al Bruno because of what he did for those guys.Riley agreed.He wasnt an Xs and Os guru although he was around the game all his life and knew it very well, Riley said. His forte was bringing people together and building the chemistry of a team.He would get guys who were released from other teams like myself, Paul Bennett and Miles Gorrell and make it so that it was fun. It was all about family. A lot of us had young kids at the time and to him you were a person first and a player second. That kind of gets lost with some professional coaches and organizations.McCarthy knew Bruno well before their CFL days. McCarthy was a coach at Brown University when Bruno was at Harvard and the two actively recruited a highly touted quarterback named Doug Flutie, whose older brother, Bill, was a receiver at Brown.Doug Flutie went on to play at Boston College, capturing the 84 Heisman Trophy. He starred in the CFL with B.C. (and younger brother, Darren) Calgary and Toronto, winning three Grey Cups from 1990 to 97 before joining the NFLs Buffalo Bills.Funeral arrangements werent immediately known, although Riley said there will be a memorial mass Thursday in Port Charlotte. Davante Adams Womens Jersey . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. Clay Matthews Womens Jersey . The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves. http://www.thepackersnflfanshop.com/Black-Friday-Jared-Cook-Jersey/ . Pikul Khueanpet scored early in the second half and Kanjana Sungngoen made it 2-0 in the 65th minute of the playoff. Tuyet Dong narrowed the margin with goal four minutes from time. The win gave Thailand fifth place at the Asian Cup and the last of the continents qualifying spots for the 2015 Womens World Cup in Canada.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- The story that will accompany Andrew Wiggins first game at Kansas, an impromptu exhibition during coach Bill Selfs summer camp, has already taken on a decidedly Paul Bunyan-esque quality. Those who were in the gym last week, and the thousands of people who have seen video of the game, know the real story. But when is reality as much fun as folklore? And the play that Wiggins made in the first couple of minutes against current and former Jayhawks lends itself to a tall tale. Whats fact is that the top high school prospect in the country, the odds-on No. 1 pick in next years NBA draft -- the Canadian LeBron James, as hes been called -- found himself in the open court with the ball in his hands and only NBA centre Cole Aldrich standing in his way. From there, the folk-hero version goes like this: Wiggins elevated from beyond the 3-point arc, posed midair for a couple of photos, autographed the ball and then slammed it down. The truth: Aldrich stepped aside and watched as Wiggins effortlessly dunked it. Either way, the play was enough to send Jayhawks fans into a tizzy, light up Internet message boards and burnish the almost mythical aura that already accompanies the 6-foot-7 swingman. "I let loose of all my nerves," the rising star from Vaughan, Ont., said, "so I felt good after that dunk. I just let my game come to me. Thats what happened. Thats what the fans wanted to see." Theyll want to see plenty more of it this season. Wiggins is arguably the most talented player to arrive in Kansas since Danny Manning in the 80s, and Self wonders whether anybody has created as much hysteria since Wilt Chamberlain. He has prototypical NBA size and athletic ability, a game already far more advanced than his peers, and an uncanny ability to make the most difficult plays seem pedestrian. He also has the unmistakable swagger, modest though he may be, of a player who simply knows that hes good. Its little surprise that autograph seekers already have descended on Lawrence, hoping to snag Wiggins John Hancock on a ball or a photo four months before his first real game. "Its kind of weird to me because weve recruited other good players before, but weve never had anybody with this kind of attention," Self said. "I kind of feel for him. Hes going to have to be able to tell people no, and we have to make it easier for him." Good luck with that. There are only a handful of college basketball programs in the country that can rival Kansas for pure passion, not to mention history or success. There are five banners hanging in the end zone of Allen Fieldhouse to represent the Jayhawks national championships, and dozens more herald more modest triumphs such as conference titles. Students often camp out for days in advance of a big game, and the raucous environment is one of the most intimidating in college sports. It was the environment that in part helped cconvince Wiggins to pick Kansas over a list of suitors that included North Carolina and Kentucky, a couple more tradition-drenched blue bloods. Brett Favre Packers Jersey. . "Everyone here is really loving, friendly, so its good," Wiggins said. "Im getting to know people. Theyve been showing me around, so Ive been comfortable." Wiggins comfort level could be critical to the Jayhawks success this season. They lost all five starters from last years team to graduation or the draft, and return just a couple of reserves who played meaningful minutes. Self restocked with a recruiting class that included five-star recruit Wayne Selden and several other high-profile targets, but the low-key announcement that Wiggins would be joining them stole every headline across the state. It also turned some heads in the Big 12. "He brings so much athleticism to any place he plays," said West Virginia coach Bob Huggins, who often saw Wiggins play just up the road from Morgantown at Huntington Prep last season. "When everybody says youre the best player in the country, youre obviously pretty good." Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger said Wiggins was "as advertised," while Texas coach Rick Barnes let slip that even as a ninth-grader the lanky forwards game resembled that of Kevin Durant. "Believe the hype. Hes that good a player, a special player," Barnes said. "I think it speaks volumes about our league with the kind of players weve had come in through the years. Hes another one. He is a terrific, terrific talent and a very, very special player." Evidently, rival coaches arent afraid to build upon Wiggins near-superhero status. Self has been busy trying to tamp down those out-of-this-world expectations, pointing out whenever possible that Wiggins is just a freshman. But while he argues that Wiggins is "going to go through ups and downs like everybody else" in one breath, he adds in the next that "hes as talented as any player in the country, because from a raw athletic ability standpoint, he can do some things that Ive never had a player be able to do physically." So far, Wiggins has handled the attention with aplomb. He refused to make his signing news conference into a televised event. Hes often said that he prefers to keep a close inner circle of friends and family -- his brother, Nick Wiggins, plays just down the road at Wichita State. And he comes off as unfailingly polite and quietly unassuming when a camera is stuck in his face, answering questions directly and succinctly. When asked whether all the expectations might be too much, Wiggins just shakes his head. "Its an experience I can enjoy," he said. "A lot of former players always say that college was their greatest basketball experience, all the fans and going to school and being on campus. Its just a great vibe. Thats what Im looking forward to." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    www.bodyplusbbs.com Forum Index -> サプリメント&ニュートリション All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum